Monday, March 16, 2009

Aurora Leigh...a relatable creature

I personally am very captivated by Aurora. I think she is a relatable character, given her age and how she describes her emotions. I get a kick out of how she describes Romney and how she treats him. It is obviously a very "middle school" esque emotion, and I think it is something we all remember, especially when thinking of how we thought of the opposite sex. Romney, while older, is still viewed through Aurora's somewhat younger eyes, and you can see the difference between the two. I liked the way Aurora described how her aunt treated her as well. I feel, as a reader, we can understand that she did not like Aurora's mother, and she was very protective of her brother, Aurora's father.

I am really interested in how this poem is written. It seems so modern, especially considering the time it is written. It has almost a beatnick feel to it, although it is way before the beat generation. So far, I am truly enoying it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment